Local Search Engine Optimization (Local SEO) is the process of systematically enhancing your website so that it will gain higher local search rankings. To give you an idea of the importance of Local SEO, over a third of all searches in 2014 were local. Why is that important? Think of this way: 33% of all the internet searches in your city were looking for something in your city. Was it your services? That number has now risen to 46%.
Here are some stats to consider about Local SEO
- “Near me” or “close by” type searches grew by more than 900% over two years.
- By 2021, mobile devices will influence more than $1.4 trillion in local sales.
- Global retail ecommerce sales will reach $4.5 trillion by 2021.
- 46% of all Google searches are looking for local information or 2.6 billion searches a day
- 72% of consumers that did a local search visited a store within five miles.
- 97% of people learn more about a local company online than anywhere else.
- 88% of searches for local businesses on a mobile device either call or visit the business within 24 hours.
- 61% of mobile searchers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile-friendly site.
- 78% of location-based mobile searches result in an offline purchase.
- 72% of computer or tablet users and 67% of smartphone users want ads that are customized to their city or zip code.
- Search result information will send 70% of consumers to a physical store.
- 92% of searchers will pick businesses on the first page of local search results.
For more impressive stats, click here to see our Why SEO page.
For those who aren’t aware of the ever-changing landscape of the web, search engines are attempting to be more useful on every front for their customer base. Search engines are being geared toward relevance of search terms and localization. In essence, they want to give you useful information and consumers are using these useful local results far more often than any other medium. In addition, if you haven’t noticed on Google, when searching for a service, local results come up before the standard listing.
Local SEO follows the same principles of overall SEO but is geared towards optimizing your website for local searches in specific markets. For example, when potential customers search for an attorney in their hometown, local attorneys will be listed within the Search Engine Results Page (SERPs). To ensure your company is listed or to improve your rank in the Local SERPs, your website must be fine-tuned to be found by potential local customers.
And when your website ranks higher in search engines is, the greater the likelihood a larger amount of customers will visit you. Why do we think this? For one, it is consistently explained in marketing white papers and case studies. Secondly, the statistics back it up. For instance, 88% of internet users click on the first listing in SERPs and 71% for all of page one results. An example would be if 100 people in your city were searching for services that you provide, 88 of them would go to your website if you were the first listing. 71 people if you were just on page one. If they liked what they saw, they would contact you. Why do we think they would call? Much like other services, we believe that most people do not call a lawyer until they need one – unless we’re missing out on some crazy new trend! Seriously though, this is why SEO is important to you: the higher your rankings, the higher amount of traffic you will see enter your doors.
Optimizing your website for Local SEO covers a broad range of requisite actions but will usually include:
- Locally optimized Website Code
- Locally optimized Website Content and Copy
- Locally optimized Keywords
- Locally optimized Mobile Website
- Locally optimized Website NAP (name, address, phone)
- Consistent NAP in all directories and websites
- Locally optimized Profiles
Diamond R Creative uses these elements to optimize websites to provide the best opportunity to capture local traffic and convert potential customers into direct sales due the urgency of the customer. As stated before, people generally search for products and services when they need them, not out of curiosity.
At Diamond R Creative, Local SEO is an integral part of our standard SEO methodology. To perform SEO for you without increasing your local visibility is considered pointless to us as this is the shortest route to enhancing your ROI. And this is what Diamond R Creative is all about: Improving your ROI!
Even if you don’t employ Diamond R Creative to support your efforts, it would be a smart move to improve your chances of capturing paying customers by improving your local search results ranking. We wish you the best in your marketing and we are always here to help you. Always feel free to call or email us a question.